Why the Heat?
Practicing Yoga in our heated room has many benefits for the body and mind. We heat the room using state of the art infrared panels, which are designed to regulate the heat at the optimum temperature range of 37*C to 40*C. Practicing yoga in this temperature range:
- Allows you to increase your level of flexibility
- Helps protect your muscles from tearing in deeper stretches and postures
- Detoxifies the body through sweating, which releases toxins through your largest excretory organ – your skin
- Thins the blood, clearing the circulatory system
- And increases heart rate for a better cardiovascular workout, leading to higher fat burn.
In addition to all of these physical benefits, the heat has a calming effect on the mind allowing you to unwind and relax. The heat can also be a distraction from the stresses of daily life, many people report forgetting their outside worries entirely while they are on their mat and instead focus solely on their practice. Lastly, practicing yoga in the heat can be an exercise in will power. Through regular practice, breath work and pushing yourself to remain on your mat for an entire class you begin to foster and build tremendous self-discipline.
Check our timetable and join us for a class soon to start (or keep) reaping the many incredible benefits of practicing Hot Yoga at Fire Shaper.