Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 cups chopped leeks (whites only, from about 3 leeks)
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives to garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic, leeks, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt for about 3 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for another minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, increase the heat to high, and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is completely tender. Stir periodically and mash up the cauliflower with a wooden spoon or masher.
- Remove from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly; stir in the nuts.
- Blend in batches and puree on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and warm it over low heat. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped chives. Enjoy!
Recipe from healthyblenderrecipes.com.au